Stag silhouette thermal

Last week I was going through my refashion box looking for sweaters that I might be able to requite new life for the winter, when I came across a shirt that I had made terminal year. I'g non sure that I've ever told you this, but I have an obsession with thermals. Absolutely LOVE'em! I don't know what information technology is most this waffle knit fabric, but the second the weather turns cool that's all I want to wear. And of grade the kids wardrobes are total of it only out of association. So every fourth dimension I go to the thrift shop, I proceed an middle out for thermals I tin can add to my collection.

Anyway, last year I shrank a few of my favorite adult ones down to Reli'due south size
(tutorial on that coming presently…), and this blue one was in the pile still waiting to be hemmed.

Does anybody else practise that?

Become a projection one step from finished and and so forget all near it?

Story of my life…

Stag silhouette thermal

Luckily afterwards a year of her growing like a weed, it still fit. Well-nigh. The sleeves were a little brusk only hey,
I could always pretend that I had fabricated them 3/4 sleeves on purpose right?

Nope. Reli can't stand up 3/4 anything. Sleeves, capris, cropped leggings, socks, if information technology doesn't fall but where she wants information technology she'll tug at it all. day. long. until she either stretches it out, I have it off her, or she gets frustrated and has a meltdown. Whichever comes outset. I admit it is hilarious watching her pull her pants down e'er 5 minutes trying to go those capris to "fit", just I didn't really want to commencement a fight with this one.

Stag silhouette thermal

 So I rooted through my knit scraps and found a bit of brownish t-shirt that was left over from the dribble bibs I made when Corbin was built-in. I of the pieces was the hem of a dark-brown shirt, and so I cutting off the blue cuffs and left the thermal edges raw. Next I made 2 tubes from the t-shirt and used a zig zag to stitch the footling brown tubes onto the ends of the blue sleeves. Score… pre-hemmed sleeves!

It didn't seem finished though, so I used the leftover fabric to make a stag head applique.

 Zig zag around the hem and dub information technology the "rugged" wait. 😉

Stag silhouette thermal

Heck, it doesn't even look too girly, I might be able to save this 1 for Corbin. Gotta love a 2 for one projection! Have whatever of you started your winter wardrobe sewing or am I just way backside as usual?

post signature

Pin It